2018 Ball Kid applications will open September 1, 2017 at 9:00am PST.
Be a Member of the Team!
Have you ever dreamed of being on the same court with the world's best professional tennis players? Apply online beginning September 1, 2017 to be a ball kid at the 2018 BNP Paribas Open.
The BNP Paribas Open ball kids are some of the best in the world. This is a unique and unforgettable experience where you are on-court with players such as defending champions Roger Federer and Elena Vesnina helping them to compete at their highest level. More than 500 ball kids vie for these positions so read the requirements below carefully and submit your application!
- A unique opportunity to be on the same court as the best players in the world
- Make new friends
- Receive an official tournament uniform and program
- Receive two (2) daily complimentary grounds passes for the entire tournament
- Autograph sessions with ATP World Tour/WTA players
- Receive a Certificate of Participation
- Ball Kid party
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A BALL KID
- Ball Kids must be between the ages of 12 and 20 years old.
- Physically able to perform 2 hours on court sessions with one hour rest between on court sessions.
- Download the training manual and successfully pass assessment. (Log-in information will be sent to you upon receipt of your completed Ball Kid application)
- Must be available a minimum of five (5) sessions which will include three (3) day sessions before end of play Monday, March 12.
- Must participate and complete the following Training Session Requirements listed below.
HOW TO SIGN UP TO BECOME A BNP PARIBAS OPEN BALL KID (Online application opens September 1, 2017 at 9:00am PST)
- Fill out an online 2018 Ball Kid Application.
- Download, sign, and return the Ball Kid Permission Waiver and Code of Conduct forms. You must return these forms before you are able to select any training sessions.
- Download and print the 2018 BNP Paribas Open Ball Kid Training Manual. It will provide all the information you need to pass the online assessment.
- Upon receipt of your application form, you will receive an email providing information on how to complete the online assessment.
- Once you pass the online assessment and return the signed Waiver & Code of Conduct forms, you will register for an account on shiftboard.com/ballkids to schedule all sessions.
- All out-of-town ball kid applicants contact email@example.com regarding our policies on work schedules, chaperones, and training requirements.
- Attend one (1) Uniform Distribution/Orientation session on either Saturday, March 3 or Sunday, March 4 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
- Be available five (5) shifts, three (3) of which must be a day shift on each of the following days: Monday, March 5, Tuesday, March 6, and Wednesday, March 7.
2018 TRAINING SESSION SCHEDULE:
There are two ways to meet the training session requirements:
- Complete training sessions onsite at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden (schedule listed below) or an approved off-site location to receive “Tournament Ready” status by a Ball Kid Chairperson or Off-Site Coordinator. Most new applicants and those with one or two years’ experience require a minimum of four (4) training sessions. Those having three or more years’ experience usually require two (2) training sessions. We strongly recommend you choose early dates to make sure you get all the training you need. This will allow you to sign up for later dates if you need to cancel any sessions due to illness or otherwise or need more training so you can receive "Tournament Ready" status.
- Attend Boot Camp at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. Boot Camp is only for out-of-state/country applicants or by special request. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply for Boot Camp.
Be sure to watch all Training Videos before attending your first training session.
||January 6|| 2:00pm-4:30pm
||January 13 (Boot Camp)
||January 14 (Boot Camp)
|| 8:00am-12:00pm (if needed)
Out-of-town ball kid applicants:
- Complete training sessions at an approved training site listed below to receive “Tournament Ready” status by the Off-Site Coordinator. Most new applicants and those with one or two years’ experience require a minimum of four (4) training sessions. Those having three or more years’ experience usually require two (2) training sessions.
- You will receive contact information upon completion of the Ball Kid application, online assessment and return of the signed Waiver and Code of Conduct forms.
Approved Training Sites:
- Denver, Colorado
- Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Portola Valley, California
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- San Diego, California
- Santa Barbara, California
- Tempe, Arizona
- Thousand Oaks, California
For more information or questions, contact email@example.com.