Thank you for your interest in being a BNP Paribas Open Ball Kid. Unfortunately at this time we are no longer taking applications for 2018.
The BNP Paribas Open ball kids are some of the best in the world. This is a unique and unforgettable experience where you are on-court with players such as defending champions Roger Federer and Elena Vesnina helping them to compete at their highest level. More than 500 ball kids vie for these positions so read the requirements below carefully and submit your application!
- A unique opportunity to be on the same court as the best players in the world
- Make new friends
- Receive an official tournament uniform and program
- Receive two (2) daily complimentary grounds passes for the entire tournament
- Autograph sessions with ATP World Tour/WTA players
- Receive a Certificate of Participation
- Ball Kid party
REQUIREMENTS TO BE A BALL KID
- Ball Kids must be between the ages of 12 and 20 years old. Returning Ball Kids may apply up to the age of 23.
- Physically able to perform 2 hours on court sessions with one hour rest between on court sessions.
- Download the training manual and successfully pass assessment. (Log-in information will be sent to you upon receipt of your completed Ball Kid application)
- Must be available a minimum of five (5) sessions which will include three (3) day sessions before end of play Monday, March 12.
- Must participate and complete the following Training Session Requirements listed below.
HOW TO SIGN UP TO BECOME A BNP PARIBAS OPEN BALL KID
- Fill out an online Ball Kid Application.
- Download, sign, and return the Ball Kid Permission Waiver and Code of Conduct forms. You must return these forms before you are able to select any training sessions. The forms are fillable online but MUST be printed out and signed before returning. Minors (under 18) must have a parent sign the waiver. If you are 18 or older, you may sign on your own. Please email forms to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail the physical form to:
BNP Paribas Open Ball Kids
78-200 Miles Ave
Indian Wells, CA 92210
- Download and print the 2018 BNP Paribas Open Ball Kid Training Manual. It will provide all the information you need to pass the online assessment.
- Within 5-7 days of receiving your completed application, you will receive an email providing information on how to complete the online assessment.
- Once you pass the online assessment and return the signed Waiver & Code of Conduct forms, you will register for an account on Shiftboard to schedule all sessions.
- All out-of-town ball kid applicants contact email@example.com regarding our policies on work schedules, chaperones, and training requirements.
- Attend one (1) Uniform Distribution/Orientation session on either Saturday, March 3 or Sunday, March 4 at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden.
- Be available five (5) shifts, three (3) of which must be a day shift on each of the following days: Monday, March 5, Tuesday, March 6, and Wednesday, March 7.
2018 TRAINING SESSION SCHEDULE:
There are two ways to meet the training session requirements:
Complete training sessions onsite at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden (schedule listed below) or an approved off-site location to receive “Tournament Ready” status by a Ball Kid Chairperson or Off-Site Coordinator. Most new applicants and those with one or two years’ experience require a minimum of four (4) training sessions. Those having three or more years’ experience usually require two (2) training sessions.
• We strongly recommend you choose early dates to make sure you get all the training you need. This will allow you to sign up for later dates if you need to cancel any sessions due to illness, etc. or need more training so you can receive "Tournament Ready" status.
- Attend Boot Camp at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. Boot Camp is only for out-of-state/country applicants or by special request. To apply for Boot Camp, email firstname.lastname@example.org after you have applied online and completed all other requirements in “How to Sign Up To Become a BNP Paribas Open Ball Kid”.
Be sure to watch all Training Videos before attending your first training session.
||January 6|| 2:00pm-4:30pm
||January 13 (Boot Camp)
||January 14 (Boot Camp)
|| 8:00am-12:00pm (if needed)
Out-of-town ball kid applicants:
- Complete training sessions at an approved training site listed below to receive “Tournament Ready” status by the Off-Site Coordinator. Most new applicants and those with one or two years’ experience require a minimum of four (4) training sessions. Those having three or more years’ experience usually require two (2) training sessions.
- You will receive contact information upon completion of the Ball Kid application, online assessment and return of the signed Waiver and Code of Conduct forms.
Approved Training Sites:
- Denver, Colorado
- Idaho Falls, Idaho
- Las Vegas, Nevada
- Boulder Creek, California
- Salt Lake City, Utah
- San Diego, California
- Santa Barbara, California
- Tempe, Arizona
- Thousand Oaks, California
For more information or questions, contact email@example.com.